Saturday, March 10, 2012

SHARING WEB RESOURCES

The organization I selected is Pre-K now.  The link is http://www.pewcenteronthestates.org.  This organization focus is to make sure that all children gain the social skills that they need as well as receive the necessary school readiness skills needed to be successful during their school endeavors.  Since I am employed with a Head Start/Pre-k program it is always interesting in finding information that can be useful in maintaining a safe and productive class.  The article from this web-resource that I thought to be most interesting was the article on "Transforming Public Education Pathway to a Pre-K -12-future".  This article was interesting as it focused on closing students achievement gaps. 

If anyone gets a chance I think that this would be a very enjoyable article for you to read.

Erica Hines

3 comments:

  1. Hello Erica,
    It is very important that educators take into consideration the social atmosphere of their classroom environment. The changing demographics and diversity amongst families and children in a given community makes it hard for them to interact as language and cultural barriers are present. As educators, we can facilitate social interactions. The organization you chose to study is great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice blog Erica. I really love everything that this organization stands for. I think that children really need to learn how to be independent as well as educated and this s what this organization stands for. Excellent choice if I may say so.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erica

    I enjoyed the article. The organizations is a great resource for professionals. I have always had the understanding that children must be able to interact and socialize with one another. I have shared the link with other caregivers.

    ReplyDelete