Sunday, September 30, 2012

COMMUNICATION: SIMILARITIES AND DIFFERENCE

After taking the communication test and then
comparing the results with the two people that I
choose to evaluate my communication skills, I
surprise that their thoughts of the way I
communicate was somewhat different then the way
I perceived my communication skills.  They stated
that to their knowledge, I did not appear to have a
problem or concern with speaking in front of a
group.  I felt that sometimes I became nervous
when speaking in front of a group of people I just
met.  This was something that they stated they did
not notice.  Both participants stated that I was a
good listener as well.  I thought that I could
improve in this skill.  Both participants stated that
they thought that I speak my mind with no
particular concerns if it hurt another person’s
feeling or not.  I disagree with that statement
because I believe that I am constantly trying to
spare the feelings of others.

This assignment was neat because you had the
opportunity to view yourself through the eyes or
opinions of others.

ERICA M. HINES

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erica,
    It's amazing what you can learn about yourself through different evaluation tools. Thank you for sharing.

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete