Sunday, September 16, 2012

BLOG ASSIGNMENT: OBSERVATION OF A TELVISION SHOW

This week a watched a show that I usually do not watch and it was an episode of the Andy Griffith Show.  In this particular episode, Opie had a new teacher, she was teaching them about History.  Well Opie and his friends or classmates thought that the teacher was teaching them a lot of useless facts, so they went to Andy and telling him about how they was not interested and how the teacher was boring.  Andy tells them the story of Paul Revere and Opie and his friends became interested in history, but before then Andy and the teacher exchanged words on the way she was teaching the boys and how the boys were behaving. 

Well when I watched the television show with the volume turned down, I could tell that the boys did not do something they were suppose to do at school or that they were in trouble by the teachers facial expression and body language, as she was talking with the students and Andy.  The thing that threw me off was when Andy was telling the boys the story of Paul Revere; I assumed that they (the boys) were being reprimanded for their action at school.  After hearing the conversation, I realized that the boys facial expression did appear to have the appearance of amazement and wanting to know more information.
If this was a show that I knew very well then, I probably could have just listen to the conversation without watching the picture and would have been able to explain what was going on in the scene.


1 comment:

  1. What do you think about the exercise Erica? Did you ever watch a televison show before this class without ssound. I really liked the exercise and it make you think about people that can't hear.

    ReplyDelete