Sunday, September 9, 2012

COMMUNICATION 1ST BLOG

When I think of someone who has influenced my thoughts of communication, I have to say that it would be my daughter, Taylor.  She is 19 years old who is filled with confidence and the ability to get her point of view over no matter how she has to do it.  She speaks often in front of audience of young children and always know what to say, how to say it, and when to say it.  During her speeches she uses a lot of verbal and non-verbal techniques.  Some of the techniques are facial expression, body language, or visual aid. 

I have heard a lot of motiviational speakers before, but after hearing Taylor speak, not because she is my daughter but because she is a wonderful speaker, she has given me a new out look on communicating with others.  In order to be a great communicator you also have to be a good listener.  

Thanks to a wonderful teacher, my daughter Taylor.

Erica Hines

1 comment:

  1. You can also pat yourself on the back, Erica. Obviously, you have instilled a lot of confidence and security in your daughter. For a 19 year old to have that ability is really awesome!

    ReplyDelete