Saturday, November 5, 2011

CHILDBIRTH

I remember the birth of my 18 year old and 13 year old like it was yesterday.  The birth of my first child was not as bad as the birth of my second child.  I was prepared for both by receiving prenatal visit, taking parenting classes, and listen to horrible stories about birth from other people.  The horrible stories helped me to prepare myself mentally for the challenge I was about to endure.  I remember reading to my unborn child like the researchers adviced in their books.  I talked to my children while they were in the wound. 

With the birth of my first child, I remember going to the hospital way to early because my family said that my water had broke and the baby would soon be here (boy was they wrong).  I went to the the hospital on June 26, 2003 at 10:00p.m. and Taylor was born June 27, 2003 at 7:07 p.m.  The only thing I can remember thinking about is I will be glad when I have this baby so I can eat a quarter pounder with cheese from McDonald.  The experiences of giving birth were both different and beautiful.  It is so hard to put in words.

When comparing childbirth with that of the women of China, I realize that we practice some of the same cultures or beliefs.  I know that my mother required me to stay in the house from four to six weeks.  The Chinese also practice this as well.  I would eat alot of eggs and food high in protein and iron because according to my mother you lose a lot of blood during child birth.  In my research I notice that this is also a practice of the Chinese women.  In reality childbirth practices are similar in every country or cultural.

Erica Hines 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Erica,

    I enjoyed reading your post. I thought it was funny when you stated that your family thought that your water was about to break and they were way off. It is nice to have a supportive family during pregnancy; it seems that you really took good care of yourself during your pregnancy by making regular doctor visits and taking classes, these things are so important to have a healthy baby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can relate. I called the hospital to say I was in labor and they insisted that I come in...too early. It was awful. Worst of four.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Erica
    What a wonderful post! My birth to my first son wasn't that painful because I did not have labor pains. My second son's birth was very painful because I went through labor pains for six hour and I know how you felt. I was happy to have him too. I didn't have him but because I was enduring so much labor pains I asked the doctor to take him. I just couldn't take it no more.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember watching horrible child births on television and I was scared when I went into labor with my first child. I did not know what to expect so with my second child I did not watch any of those shows. I must agree with you the birth of both of my children was wonderful and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete