Sunday, December 16, 2012

CREATING ART

My art work is a poem entitled:

"DOES IT REALLY MATTER?"

Does It Really Matter
Does it matter that I do not look like you, walk like you, or talk like you?
Does it matter that I am proud to be a woman, tall, plumb, and brown skinned?
Does it matter that I love me for me and have been given the opportunity to compete with the best?
No it does not matter that I do not look like you, walk like you, or talk like you.
Because I am me and I am proud to be me.
I love me for me.  I love me because I am me, so no, it does not matter if you like me or love me,
Because I love me and that is enough.

By: Erica Hines

3 comments:

  1. Hi Erica!
    Thank you for sharing! It does not matter who you are. Someone loves you. I love how you are teaching the children to love themselves and others. Love is the key word and means everything! Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, may we all learn to love ourselves!
    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica,
    I love your way of expressing just who you are. Does it really matter? thanks for allowing me to look at things in another perspective. It does really matter.
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete