Saturday, October 1, 2011

Inspiritaton and Motivation

As an Educator, it is important that we instill knowledge and words of wisdom into our students.  A great woman once told me "children learn by example" that woman was my mother, Shirley Hines.  What she meant by that statement is that children model the behavior that they see.  President Lyndon B. Johnson must have also believed that statement.  He saw a country whose children saw living in poverty and being behind as a way of life.  President Johnson said, "Head Start will rescue these children from poverty which otherwise could pursue them all their lives".  Through this statement and quote president Johnson was telling us that if we did not take a stand and wage a war on poverty then our future leaders, our country would be in danger of failure.  

I fill that Susan Bredekamp is a supporter of President Johnson War on Poverty.  She has worked hard on recording ways that we can improve teaching children at their developmental stages or what is developmental appropriate.  Susan stated that " children learn differently".  I agree whole hearted with that statement.  Based on the experience I have encountered with my own biological children as well as my students.  I can go as far as saying the difference in the learning approaches, I noticed in my siblings and myself. 


There are many things that I can state about the video that I listen to and the motivation of the people in it.  One that really stuck out to me was Mr. Hernandez, he stated " Services provided to children are there for their benefit".  He also stated, "the reason he was motivated to teach is that someone opened a door for him so he feels that he needed to do the same for someone else. 

All the people mentioned above have contributed to my interest and passion toward education  The quotes are significant and gives insight to how the people felt about the children.

Erica Hines

3 comments:

  1. Erica,

    Thank you for your post!!

    President Johnson was right; we need to help children who live in poverty. All children deserve an education regardless of how class they are in. We, as educators, need to instill inm our students how important education is and every child can succeed.

    I, too agree with the quote about all children learn differently. I have experienced that with my students each day.

    Thank you for your great quotes! Keep up the great work!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Erica,
    The philosophers and educators in the field of education provide inspiration and insight. I find that these people provide new innovative thought to early childhood education. As a result, I agree with President Johnson's assessment of Head Start, and I am proud to be a Head Start teacher.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Erica,

    I just want to thank you for sharing your knowledge about young children. I have learned new ways of thinking when it come to supporting our children. I wish you the best of luck as you continue your educational journey.

    ReplyDelete