Saturday, September 17, 2011

Blog assingment 2

Hello everyone,   One of my favorite quotes for children, adults, for everyone comes from the Bible which is Ephesians 6:2- Scriptures says, "Honor your father and mother." That is the first commandment that has a promise. (3) Then things will go well with you.
One of my favorite books is by Barbara Park, Junie B. Jones is Captain Field Day.  This book most children can relate to it allows us to feel the confidence of having others depend on us for leadership.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erica!!
    I use this scripture with my daughter quite often!! However, I also model this for her, as well. In order for us to expect respect as parents and educators, I believe we must show respect to our children and students. We also need to continually model respect.

    Why is this a favorite verse for you? How do you use it in your classroom?

    Also, when I taught 3rd grade, I used Barbara Park quite often. Her Junie B. Jones collection is a great set for teaching lessons!!

    Thank you for your post!!

    Susan

    ReplyDelete